RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2614 articles archived by 274 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 180,048 posts.
There are 6860 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Messages out of the last 50General Forum
Correspondence and Coherence Blog
(48) Merlin Jetton - 2/02, 6:23am - Economics of Violence Regarding GameStop
(49) Merlin Jetton - 2/03, 8:13am - Elizabeth Warren on GameStop
(50) Merlin Jetton - 2/05, 4:00am - Krugman's Insult
(51) Merlin Jetton - 2/05, 4:02am - delete duplicate (Edited by Merlin Jetton on 2/05, 4:04am)
(52) Merlin Jetton - 2/08, 8:15am - GameStop and three other polsNancy Pelosi and rules
(53) Merlin Jetton - 2/11, 5:11am - David French on abortion
(54) Merlin Jetton - 2/15, 1:17pm - Frustrating banking experience
(55) Merlin Jetton - 2/17, 3:22am - GameStop again
(56) Merlin Jetton - 2/22, 2:17am - Law, blockchain, cryptocurrency
(57) Merlin Jetton - 2/27, 9:56am - Cryptocurrency outlooks
(58) Merlin Jetton - 2/28, 12:51pm - Cryptocurrency outlook #2
(59) Merlin Jetton - 3/04, 2:59am - Cryptocurrency outlook #3
(60) Merlin Jetton - 3/05, 3:16am - Cryptocurrency outlook #4
(61) Merlin Jetton - 3/07, 7:31am - Killing The SAT Means Hurting Minorities
(62) Merlin Jetton - 3/09, 12:02pm - Voting rights bill H.R. 1GameStop stock price soars again
(63) Merlin Jetton - 3/13, 7:23am - U.S. federal government interest paymentsThe pandemic and bl...
(64) Merlin Jetton - 3/16, 3:09pm - Cryptocurrency outlook #5
(65) Merlin Jetton - 3/18, 6:05am - Cryptocurrency primer
(66) Merlin Jetton - 3/20, 10:53am - Stablecoins
(67) Merlin Jetton - 3/22, 12:05pm - Atlanta shootings were "hate crimes"?
(68) Merlin Jetton - 3/24, 3:32am - George Orwell as a Public Choice Economist?
(69) Merlin Jetton - 3/27, 1:19pm - Bad news bias
(70) Merlin Jetton - 3/30, 4:24am - Thomas Reid's theory of ideas
(71) Merlin Jetton - 3/31, 8:15am - Bitcoin and WalmartFederal Reserve and home prices
(72) Merlin Jetton - 4/01, 6:52am - Bitcoin and freedom
(73) Merlin Jetton - 4/06, 6:03am - Medicare Advantage analysisFederal spending spree
(74) Merlin Jetton - 4/12, 5:22am - NY Times spreads ITEP falsehoods and propagandaJohn Dewey on...
(75) Merlin Jetton - 4/25, 2:48am - Crypto Fearmongers Get Pushback From Former CIA DirectorChin...
"Optimism" message from the ARI
(2) Mark Hunter - 1/31, 11:59am - Yaron Brook: “We, who are not part of any tribe ...&r...
(0) Michael Marotta - 2/22, 5:31am - Winter happened here in Austin and across the state. Electri...
Objective Legal Tender Laws
(0) Michael Marotta - 3/22, 6:00am - It is for the courts that the legislature defines “leg...
(1) Doug Morris - 3/23, 2:26pm - If the terms of the original agreement specify an objective ...
(2) Michael Marotta - 4/06, 5:34pm - In theory, you could agree on a non-objective form of paymen...
(3) Doug Morris - 4/07, 2:34pm - If you promise to pay with a herd of sheep and it dies, you ...
(4) Michael Marotta - 4/18, 6:00pm - No, I am sorry, but we just do not agree. You and I have a p...
(5) Doug Morris - 4/22, 1:16pm - The court should use market value, not whim. In the scenari...
(6) Michael Marotta - 4/27, 3:24pm - Right. Then it would be case in equity.The framers of the Co...
(7) Sam Erica - 4/27, 9:18pm - Michael: Your example of the varying prices of silver coins ...
The End of Barney’s Second Career?
(0) Mark Hunter - 5/01, 5:57pm - New on ARI Watch:The End of Barney’s Second Career?
(1) Luke Setzer - 5/03, 4:26am - I am very curious to see Mark Hunter outline what he would c...
The Thirty Tyrants
(0) Doug Morris - 2/11, 1:52pm - This seems to be another conspiracy theory, maybe with a lit...
(1) Michael Marotta - 2/14, 6:55am - Well. Doug, conspiracies do exist. Just ask Julius Caesar. I...
(2) Doug Morris - 2/14, 11:45am - Michael, can you unabbreviate TOS please?
(3) Merlin Jetton - 2/17, 3:37am - Michael, can you unabbreviate TOS please? Michael may have c...
(4) Merlin Jetton - 2/17, 3:42am - Michael Marotta: "As for the Thirty Tyrants, we need to unde...
(5) Michael Marotta - 2/22, 5:09am - Sorry, Doug, Merlin is right. Writing off the top of my head...
Some of My Own Poems
(6) Stephen Boydstun - 3/15, 4:55pm - Hardness of Happiness
(7) Stephen Boydstun - 3/07, 2:34am - SOUL, STRUCTURE, STRUGGLE“The concept Plato is forging...
(8) Michael Marotta - 3/22, 5:53am - Thanks, Stephen. You are always insightful. The canonical ev...