RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2612 articles archived by 274 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 179,698 posts.
There are 5992 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Messages out of the last 50General Forum
Muslims in America
(104) Doug Morris - 10/04, 7:06pm - Steve Wolfer wrote:If a billion people decide to enter the U...
(3) Dean Michael Gores - 9/15, 12:34pm - Tim, The threshold for where the line is drawn in whether a ...
(4) Doug Morris - 9/16, 3:44am - It will take a lot of hard work, including both study and an...
(5) Doug Morris - 9/16, 3:47am - I disagree with the statement that the threshold is arbitrar...
(6) Dean Michael Gores - 9/26, 7:23am - Doug Morris, Re: arbitrary: Take vaccines for example. An ...
(7) Doug Morris - 9/27, 3:54am - Dean Michael Gores, You are talking about a situation of inc...
(8) Doug Morris - 9/27, 4:17am - Here is a definition of arbitrary copied from the Ayn Rand l...
(9) Jules Troy - 9/29, 12:39am - The number of soldiers that were adversely affected by the A...
(10) Dean Michael Gores - 10/22, 12:40pm - Modern definitions of "arbitrary" are a corruption of the wo...
(11) Luke Setzer - 10/23, 1:29pm - I hope we can find another term besides "arbitrary" to use h...
(12) Doug Morris - 10/24, 6:10am - Culture is not deterministic. We can use reason to rise abo...
The Human System
(0) Manfred F. Schieder - 10/11, 10:37pm - The Human System, by Manfred F. Schieder Summary: Collectivi...
Binswanger still arguing for completely open borders
(0) Mark Hunter - 11/12, 10:39am - Harry Binswanger recently published yet another essay promot...
(1) Luke Setzer - 11/13, 5:42am - Globalist shill financed by globalists. So much for the virt...
(2) Mark Hunter - 11/13, 6:53pm - Binswanger was born into money and is independently wealthy....
(3) Luke Setzer - 11/14, 5:24am - Mark Hunter wrote:Perhaps his willful non-thinking and self-...
(4) Doug Morris - 11/14, 2:19pm - American citizens by and large vote for mixed-economy statis...
(5) Luke Setzer - 11/15, 5:03am - Allowing mass numbers of otherwise non-violent immigrants in...
(6) Doug Morris - 11/15, 5:32am - How we decide citizenship is a separate issue from letting p...
(7) Luke Setzer - 11/15, 5:34am - Skeptical. Merit-based immigration needed desperately. Open ...
(8) Michael E. Marotta - 11/27, 5:30pm - It is important to look at facts. I just googled "nations wi...
A Public Statement on The Objectivist Center
(75) Luke Setzer - 11/14, 12:45pm - Per this link and this one, the author's life has changed dr...
Monopoly Money's End: Distributed Digital Currencies
(17) Dean Michael Gores - 9/15, 9:33am - Hi Jules. Distributed Digital Currencies (distridij) Below I...
(18) Jules Troy - 9/15, 7:29pm - I see they are trying to get a Bitcoin ETF approved as well....
(19) Doug Morris - 9/16, 4:03am - Bitcoin arose in a context in which government has been play...
(20) Dean Michael Gores - 9/26, 7:04am - Doug Morris, Indeed, Bitcoin would be worthless if governmen...
(21) Doug Morris - 9/27, 4:03am - Dean Michael Gores, We aren't going to get trustworthy gover...
(55) Stephen Boydstun - 9/08, 2:22pm - Ayman al-Zawahiri still at large. (Edited by Stephen Boyds...
Dozens at Facebook Unite to Challenge Its 'Intolerant' Liber...
(1) Jules Troy - 9/13, 10:40pm - Thank you Stephen! I hope you and everyone at RoR are doing...
(0) Jules Troy - 9/29, 12:42am - That is incredible! Thanks for sharing!
[O]ne of the [tribal] elders said to him, ‘You think you bel...
(0) Luke Setzer - 12/06, 8:07am - This relates to a young man in a remote, primitive village w...
(1) Peter Reidy - 12/06, 5:21pm - This raises doubts. What was the society? What language did ...
(2) Luke Setzer - 12/07, 4:13am - "The Dou Donggo, however, had remained outside the Bimanese ...
(3) Vera S. Doerr - 12/09, 12:48am - I'm struck by the irony how they define ownership: I belong ...
(4) Michael E. Marotta - 12/13, 11:41am - It is easy to understand the Infamous Quote and we all here ...
Typical Internet Argument
(3) Luke Setzer - 11/23, 8:01am - https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=IABRgZH12YA Queen ...
(4) Jules Troy - 11/23, 8:44pm - Hahahaha! That just made my week!