RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2525 articles archived by 267 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 176,884 posts.
There are 4850 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Messages out of the last 50Objectivism Q&A
Objectivism and Conscientious Objection
(0) Matthew Thomas Zingarella - 12/16, 1:03pm - I am currently enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. I...
(1) Steve Wolfer - 12/16, 6:50pm - Matthew, Welcome to RoR. You are in a bind. One thing to rem...
(2) Merlin Jetton - 12/17, 2:59am - Hi, Matthew. Welcome to RoR.I think Steve gave you a good re...
(3) Matthew Thomas Zingarella - 12/17, 4:57am - Thank you for the great responses Steve and Merlin. One poin...
(4) Steve Wolfer - 12/17, 7:06pm - Matthew, You wrote:I can't see how being in a supporting rol...
(5) Jules Troy - 12/18, 1:12am - Many people thought the US should not have been in Iraq. If...
(6) Luke Setzer - 12/18, 3:54am - Matthew, welcome to RoR! Jules wrote:These were not freedom ...
(7) Jules Troy - 12/18, 4:46am - Even now, as an objectivist if I could roll back time I woul...
(8) Fred Bartlett - 12/18, 8:42am - Matthew: Good luck with your dilemma. (Dealing with it to ...
(9) Fred Bartlett - 12/18, 9:05am - Matthew: None of what I just wrote is much help. Let me try ...
(10) Steve Wolfer - 12/18, 10:29am - Matthew, I think Fred's can-may-should discussion is one wor...
(11) Matthew Thomas Zingarella - 12/18, 7:29pm - The points made by everyone really have given me a lot to th...
Purpose of a Date
(59) Fred Bartlett - 12/17, 10:06am - Luke: Thank you for that; I shared the 'crazy eyes' video wi...
Nathaniel Brandon's "six pillars of self esteem" animated
(0) Steve Wolfer - 12/20, 3:15pm - The fellow did a good job, given that it is less than 7 minu...
(1) Jeff Landauer - 12/20, 5:20pm - Agreed. It could definitely have been several times longer ...
(2) Steve Wolfer - 12/20, 6:55pm - Nathaniel should have created separate, half-hour videos on ...