RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2535 articles archived by 267 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 177,129 posts.
There are 4892 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Which is the strength and, at the same time, total weakness of Socialism or why does Capitalism fail in its endeavor to convince, while giving such good benefits to the general population in the rarely attained opportunities when it is effectively applied?(Read more...)
Discuss this Article (1 message)
Messages out of the last 50General Forum
(6) Luke Setzer - 2/24, 4:29am - To supplement my prior post, you should also start tracking ...
(7) Dean Michael Gores - 2/24, 8:01am - As a general warning... the world is on debt like a heroine...
(8) Luke Setzer - 2/24, 9:22am - Yes, investing in your own mind toward productive knowledge ...
Out of Touch with the Real World
(0) William Dwyer - 2/28, 9:18am - I'm now embarrassed to be from Minnesota! At the University...
(1) Luke Setzer - 2/28, 3:14pm - The more I read about academia and campus residential life t...
Does President Obama Love America?
(0) William Dwyer - 2/28, 10:33am - Rudy Giuiiani said that he doesn't think President Obama lo...
(1) Luke Setzer - 2/28, 11:14am - by Bill asked:How did we allow an avowed enemy of America's...
(2) Jules Troy - 2/28, 1:31pm - The money speech comes to mind...
(3) William Dwyer - 2/28, 3:52pm - I asked, How did we allow an avowed enemy of America's found...
(4) Jules Troy - 2/28, 5:02pm - I honestly do not believe that people on welfare should be a...
(5) William Dwyer - 2/28, 8:36pm - Jules, that's an excellent point, and one that had not occur...
(6) Jules Troy - 3/01, 5:50am - Oh man..that's a special kind of stupid!
(28) Michael E. Marotta - 2/28, 7:15pm - We say that when you look into the night sky, you gaze into ...
Conservatives Are Not Friends of Freedom
(15) Joseph Rowlands - 2/28, 7:11pm - This is a complex topic, and I don't have time to go into th...
The Left and Intentions
(7) Joseph Rowlands - 2/28, 7:43pm - Thanks for the comments. Michael asked "I wonder why you see...
More Mind-Body Dichotomy
(0) William Dwyer - 2/28, 3:35pm - Hi Joe, Thanks for the article. Let me offer some comments ...
(1) Steve Wolfer - 2/28, 4:31pm - Bill, I do have some things to say, but I decided to wait wh...
(2) Joseph Rowlands - 2/28, 5:54pm - Quote from Ayn Rand: "Man has a single basic choice: to thin...
(3) William Dwyer - 2/28, 7:28pm - Joe, You make some good points in rebuttal. I didn't think ...
(4) Joseph Rowlands - 2/28, 8:10pm - Thanks Bill. Let me try to add a little clarity. In this co...
(5) Michael E. Marotta - 3/02, 4:23pm - Thanks, Joseph! As so often, I archived your essay in my Ob...
(6) William Dwyer - 3/02, 6:27pm - Michael Marotta wrote, The problem that I have with the abov...
Strength and Weakness of Socialism
(0) Luke Setzer - 3/01, 9:38am - I would be more inclined to read this with better formatting...
New effort teaches mathematical thinking, but homework confu...
(13) Naomi Ludenberg - 2/23, 10:52pm - I think that the common core methodology is a step in the ri...
(14) Dean Michael Gores - 2/27, 11:02pm - Math should be taught in the pursuit of accomplishing the ne...
(15) Ms. Deanna Delancey - 3/01, 5:37am - It doesn't help to solve a problem in multiple ways if the p...
(16) Michael E. Marotta - 3/02, 5:49am - In Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman he tells of harrassing m...
(17) Ms. Deanna Delancey - 3/02, 7:06am - I did not say that the purpose of the story problem was to t...
(18) Michael E. Marotta - 3/02, 3:06pm - You often can exchange the people on either side of a sales ...